South Lincolnshire Group Training Association
We are pleased to announce that our members voted to re-elect the existing Association Officers at the 2018 AGM, the only exception being that after 2 years committed support to the Association, Emma Goldsmith stated she was stepping down as Vice-Chairman. Following a canvassing of applicants for the vacant post and subsequent vote by members, Wendy Mazzocchi was elected as our new Vice-Chairman. Barbara Mehew on the behalf of the committee and members expressed a note of thanks to Emma for her 2 years in office.
The committee thank the members for their vote of confidence and we hope that we continue to further develop our levels of support and services to the industry and our members in 2018.
SLGTA Chairman – Barbara Mehew Company Human Resources Manager for Princebuild Ltd. Appointed as Chairman in March 2014 Barbara and Princebuild have been active members of the association for over 12 years. Barbara.Mehew@princebuild.co.uk
SLGTA Vice Chairman – Wendy Mazzocchi JM Building Developments LLP. Despite having only become a member of the association in September 2017, Wendy was appointed as Vice-Chairman in February 2018. JM Building Developments have already contributed and participated in SLGTA Construction activities & events providing great insights into their trade and apprenticeship opportunities to potential new entrants into the industry. firstname.lastname@example.org
SLGTA Group Training Officer & Secretary – Steve Taylor Independent undertook the role of Group Training Officer & Secretary in November 2012. email@example.com
Central to the Associations continual development is the working partnership with the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) specifically Carole Jones – CITB Advisor (Greater Lincolnshire). Carole provides an invaluable link between SLGTA and CITB ensuring the very latest news, information and updates are brought to our attention for circulation to our members.
Our members are a mix of companies, individuals, training providers and others working in construction and its’ associated supply chain ranging in size from micro to large. We exist for the benefit of the membership.
Membership is open to clients, contractors, consultants and specialists – indeed anyone involved in the process of construction.
With the ever-increasing demands being placed on the industry, information, advice, support and signposting all need to be accessed as and when required in the right format.
The South Lincolnshire Group Training Association work with, and are supported by:
• Business Link
• General business networks
• Lincolnshire colleges, education providers (including those offering construction to 14-16 year olds)
• County, District, Town & City Councils
• Lincolnshire & Rutland Education Business Partnership
• Construction Education Forum
• Working Well Together East Midlands
• Working Well Together Leicestershire, Rutland & Northamptonshire
• Various industry Federations, Institutes and Associations
How we work
The South Lincolnshire Group Training Association provides a core set of free services that address technical, industry and business issues for those working within the construction industry. These are delivered through individual and group meetings and are supported by information provided in printed and electronic formats.
We offer our members:
• Access to cost effective and flexible training, in some cases at reduced or preferential rates, to help meet individual and company needs
• Advice and support with claiming CITB grants, including the preparation of training plans and updates on any grant scheme changes
• A local forum that focuses on current training and legislative issues and builds links between members and associated construction organisations
• A central source of information through various mediums such as our website, meetings, newsletters, forums, workshops etc
• A direct link between local education/training providers offering construction courses and employers
• The South Lincolnshire Group Training Association provides these through a dedicated Training Officer working with a Management Group comprising representatives from member organisations who understand the pressures and day-to-day needs of both individuals and companies working within construction. This structure enables both local and global concerns and needs to be addressed.